Spartan Power SpartanStart Soft Starter for RV Air Conditioners
- Additional information
The SpartanStart is designed to be used across a wide range of RV air conditioner units, up to 20K BTU. Unlike commonplace designs, this soft-starter only requires access to the compressor’s three wires (Run, Start, and Common). Very easy installation, only 6 wires, 3 per side! Made in Australia.
SpartanStart RV A/C Soft Starter Features:
- Start up to a 20K BTU RV AC with a 2200 watt power inverter or generator! Not only will the SpartanStart reduce the drain on your battery bank during startup, it also greatly reduces A/C compressor noise and vibration.
- EASY INSTALL: Just 3 wires (6 crimps). The SpartanStart goes inline with your compressor. Find the wiring diagram on your A/C that shows the R (Run), C (Common), & S (Start) wires coming off the compressor. Match & connect those wires to the appropriate wires listed on the SpartanStart. Done! For full installation instructions, please consult the manual or give us a call.
- LED STATUS LIGHTS: Easy to read LED lights to display current SpartanStart status.
- WHAT’S IN THE BOX?: 1 soft starter, 6 splice connectors, 1 cleaning wipe, 2 automotive grade mounting tape strips
- WARRANTY: Three years. Made in Australia, service & support in Reno, Nevada USA
1x SpartanStart Soft-Starter
6x Splice Connectors
1x Alcohol Wipes
3M automotive Adhesive Mounting Tape
- This model does not electrically isolate the control box from the compressor. a suitable contactor or relay is necessary.
- All voltage to equipment must be disconnected before removing any device
- Allow 2 minutes to discharge run capacitor before disconnecting
- Do not swap the Run and Start Windings
- Poor crimping can lead to heating & subsequent damage to the soft starter
- Acquire manufacturers wiring diagram for the air condition unit
- Turn off power to the RV unit
- Verify from the manufacturer’s wiring if there are any start assist devices such as start capacitors stat relays or PTCRS which may be present
- If present, these need to be removed. Follow the start winding connection from the Compressor into the control box. This should terminate into a run capacitor (HERM terminal, in case of a dual capacitor). If the same terminal has other wires terminated, these must be disconnected and electrically isolated.